PCHS Media Center Mission
- The Peach County High School Media Center and Web Media Center strive to further the school community's mission of creating excellence in student learning by:
- Providing appropriate materials in an unbiased and uncensored manner that inform and instruct in an interesting fashion
- Making materials, equipment, and service available to patrons in an organized, equitable, and friendly manner
- Providing instruction and assistance in the use of media facilities, equipment, materials, educational technology, and the art of research
- Participating personally in continued professional education
- Protecting the rights of our patrons to privacy in regard to materials sought, consulted, and/or borrowed
- Recognizing and respecting property rights and educating and encouraging others to do so
Promoting a love of reading, learning, and technology as it is used in education
Need help with math, science or history? Try Khan Academy on-line instruction for free.
Helpful Links for Teachers?
Georgia Library Learning On-line - Provides information for Georgia citizens from digital libraries, museums, and archives, as well as links to collections of online texts and images. See the Media Specialist for password.?
New Georgia Encyclopedia:?GALILEO
?GALILEO is Georgia's virtual library, with electronic books, periodicals, journals, magazines, newspapers, such reference materials as encyclopedias, and special collections, and access to Georgia's library catalogs. ?
Digital Library of Georgia?http://dlg.galileo.usg.edu/?Welcome&Welcome?The Digital Library of Georgia is a gateway to Georgia's history and culture found in digitized books, manuscripts, photographs, government documents, newspapers, maps, audio, video, and other resources.?
Environmental Education in Georgia – Galileo -http://eeingeorgia.org/net/org/info.aspx?s=207184.108.40.20663?
Peach County Public Libraries? http://www.peach.public.lib.ga.us/?
The Peach Public Libraries system is committed to promoting knowledge, understanding, and wisdom, and combating ignorance, intolerance, and indifference by making the best possible library resources, personnel, and facilities available. The library participates in the Pines Program http://gapines.org/opac/en-US/extras/slimpac/start.html?
World Book Encylopedia http://worldbookonline.com/wb/Login?ed=wb
The Virtual Library? http://www.museumca.org/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/museumca/usa_search.cgi?state=ga? Georgia Museum of Art, Athens, GA. American painting is the focus of ... This site is part of the Virtual Library museum pages, a distributed directory of on-line.?
ERIC Database?http://askeric.org/Eric?ERIC is the world's largest source of education information, with more than 1 million abstracts of documents and journal articles on education research and practice. The database is updated monthly with the latest citations available.?
Graphic Organizers? provide a way to organize information for note-taking, brainstorming, presentation and more. Several excellent graphic organizers can be found at these sites:
-?Graphic Organizers - http://www.eduplace.com/graphicorganizer/index.jsp
-?Graphic Organizer Index - http://www.graphic.org/goindex.html?
-SCORE’S Graphic Organizer - http://www.sdcoe.k12.ca.us/score/actbank/torganiz.htm?
Write Design On-Line Graphic Organizer - http://www.writedesignonline.com/organizers/?
Rubistar - http://rubistar.4teachers.org/index.php
?Rubistar is a free tool to help teachers create rubrics
Son of Citation Machine - Citation machine helps students and professional researchers to properly credit the information that they use.