9 weeks project (2015)
4th grade Social Studies/Science
For the 3rd & 4th 9 weeks we will be doing a T-shirt design project using social studies standards(vocabulary words). The purpose of this is to review for the social studies / Science Ga. Milestone test. The t-shirt should be designed so that it can be used as a study tool. (Example: Social Studies Question and Answer on one side Science ,Question and Answer on the other; word on one side,(ex. It must be set up in a jeopardy question format) ( For instance, What do we call a back and forth movement of energy? Question Answer What is vibration?)
- Each student will need a T-shirt to work on. It does NOT have to be new, but it does have to be plain (NO WRITING) and it will have to be worn at school after completion. Shirts do not have to be white, but I must be able to read what you write on it.
(If you need help getting a T-shirt, or if you would like to donate an extra shirt, please just let me know.)
- Each student will choose a vocabulary word to use for their rough draft T-shirt.
- Shirts may be done at home( during winter break) or during study hall/ recess times at school.
- Shirt design is only limited to your creativity! Remember to use the front and back—and even the sleeves in your design.
- Following completion of the T-shirt, students will be required to wear their shirt..
The wearing of the T-shirt will be a participation grade—all or nothing!
100 or 0!
Who were the Inuit Indians and in what region did they occupy in the US.?
· Using a computer and printer, print a picture of Inuit tribe on an iron-on sheet. Iron the tribe on the front of your shirt. On the back, in large letters, write a description of the Inuit tribe and region.
· OR glue felt letters on the front that say: Robert E. Lee. On the back glue letters that define who he was.
Recognize and be able to name the cardinal and intermediate directions of compass rose.
· On the bottom it might read, “What is a compass rose?”
· On the top it would be What is the cardinal directions (N,E,S,W) and the intermediate directions (NE, SE, SW, NW)?
Other ideas for decorating your shirt:
~bleach pen on a dark shirt
The rough draft of your shirt (to be sketched on the attached T-Shirt design page—do NOT bring in your shirt already made!) is due Feb 27th final date(first shirt/Social Studies and the second shirt is due on 11th Oct (Science) . Students will then have a week to make corrections to their rough draft and to make their shirt. Shirts will be worn and graded on and Friday March_________.
You will receive 4 grades for this project: (1) Homework grade for T-Shirt design (Front & Back) Rough draft page & parent signature (2) T-Shirt grade (appearance, accuracy, legibility, etc.); (3-4) 2 Participation grades (Just wear the shirt on the 2 assigned days! Easy credit!)
T-Shirt Dates (Mark your calendars!)
Friday. Feb. 13, 2015 Rough Draft due on Social StudiesT-Shirt & Science .
Friday, Feb. 27, 20135 Social Studies/T-Shirt wear it(T-shirt grade & Participation grade)
Friday March 2015 T-shirt wear it (Participation grade) Science (date will be given) later