Enrolling in Peach County Schools
Students may be registered for school at any time throughout the year. Registration is now being accepted online. Applications can be access here: https://campus.peachschools.org/campus/OLRLogin/peach
Enrollment for Non-Peach County Residents
Students wishing to enroll in the Peach County School District who do not reside in the district may apply by filling out the non-resident application located here. Non-resident students are not automatically accepted. Applicants require approval prior to admission into the district.
By state law, kindergarten and first-grade students entering a Georgia public school for the first time must be age five on or before September 1 to enter kindergarten and age six on or before September 1 to enter first grade. A copy of the child’s proof of age must be supplied at the time of enrollment. The following documents will be accepted:
- Certified copy of birth certificate; or
- A federal, state, county, or school document with date of birth (ex. Certified, hospital-issued birth record or birth certificate; military ID; valid driver’s license; adoption record; religious record, signed by an authorized religious official; official school transcript.
- If none of these can be produced: an affidavit of age sworn to by the parent, guardian, grandparent, or other person accompanied by a certificate of age signed by a licensed practicing physician, which state that the physician has examined the child and believes that the child’s age as stated in the affidavit is correct.
Students must attend school in the attendance zone where their parents/legal guardians reside. To find out which school your child will attend, you may call Durham Transportation Services at 478-825-0601.
Ear, Eye, and Dental Examination
Any student regardless of grade level, who has never been in a Georgia public school must provide certification of eye, ear and dental examinations. Any child admitted to school without a certificate must present one within four months and have on file an Ear, Eye and Dental Examinations Waiver. The form for this examination is DHR Form 3300. All DHR forms may be obtained at the Peach County Health Department or physician’s office.
All students in grades K-12 must provide an immunization certificate at the time of enrollment. This certificate may be obtained from the Peach County Health Department or from a physician. A student may be enrolled for up to thirty (30) days while proof of immunization is obtained. Any child admitted to school without a certificate must have on file a 30-Day Waiver of Immunization Certificate Requirement and present certification within 30 calendar days. An Affidavit of Religious Conflict with Immunization Requirements may be filled out if applicable.
A homeless child, as defined in the McKenney-Vento Homeless Act shall be enrolled immediately.
Persons Enrolling Students
Persons who may enroll eligible students include the following:
- Parent or legal guardian
- Foster parent appointed by state agency
- The Department of Human Services (DHS) or the Department of Juvenile Justice (DJJ) or the custodian of a student placed by DHS or DJJ in a facility located in Peach County School District.
- If person enrolling the student is not the parent and does not hold legal guardianship, he/she must complete and present a notarized Non-Parental Affidavit of Residence.
Proof of Residence
To enroll in Peach County Schools, a student must reside in Peach County with a natural parent or legal guardian, or the student must be under the care of a state agency with placement in Peach County. Proof of residence is required when a student initially enrolls in a school, whenever a change of residence occurs, or any time proof of residency is requested by a school official. The principal or his/her designee will accept the following records as proof of residency:
One of the following (must include address):
- Non-contingent sales contract
- Current lease/rental agreement
- Most recent income tax return
- Current Medicaid card
- Current residential property tax statement or bill
- Current warranty or quick claim deed
- Current home purchase agreement
- Current homeowner’s insurance policy
- Third-person Affidavit of Residence-notarized. (Use if the student’s family is residing in the home or apartment of another individual)
AND one of the following (must include address)
- Current gas bill
- Current water bill
- Current electric bill
- Request for change of address from post office
Social Security Number
At the time of enrollment in Peach County Schools, parents are asked to provide voluntarily, a copy of the child’s Social Security Card. However, no student shall be denied enrollment in Peach County School District for declining to provide a Social Security Number or declining to apply for such a number. A parent/guardian may submit a Statement of Objection to Use of Social Security Number for Student Identification form.
Prior to admission, a transfer student shall provide a certified copy of his or her academic transcript and disciplinary record from the school previously attended. A student may be admitted conditionally if the name and address of the school last attended and authorization to release all academic and disciplinary records to the school is provided.
Please Note: Any student who is under suspension or expulsion in another school system and who wants to enroll in Peach County Schools must clear that suspension/expulsion before any consideration will be given to the student’s request for approval to enroll.
If you have additional questions, please contact the school administrator in your attendance zone or the Administrative Affairs Department, 478-825-5933.